Re: private schools

Seth David Schoen (schoen@uclink4.Berkeley.EDU)
15 Dec 1997 22:10:37 GMT

Daniel C. Burton writes:

>(People might be a little less likely to give loans to someone in say,
>Philosophy or Sociology, but that's just the free market at work getting
>rid of what we need less of....  Being a philosopher or a sociologist is a
>bit more of a privilege than a necessity.)

We can still be unhappy about the lack of money for philosophers, though,
without saying it should be a government-imposed funding mandate.

If I make a lot of money in CS (which I probably won't, because I want to
be a professor) or even if I don't, I hope I can give some money to schools
to help make being a philosopher affordable.

--
   Seth David Schoen L&S '01 (undeclared) / schoen@uclink4.berkeley.edu
Magna dis immortalibus habenda est atque huic ipsi Iovi Statori, antiquissimo