Re: Electronic Meeting/Libertarian Students of America

Kevin Dempsey Peterson (peterson@ocf.Berkeley.EDU)
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 19:04:16 -0800

On 2 Feb 1998, Daniel Burton wrote:

>Okay, it's official.  We're now a chapter of Libertarian Students of
>America unless we specifically vote against it at a later time.
>
>By the way, some of those votes were invalid.  Only people who've attended
>meetings can vote...  not that it mattered this time.

Perhaps the constituion should be amended to allow inititiatives to be
passed by "general consent", with a provision that anyone can call for a
vote on the matter within a reasonable time period.  This would be
helpful for things like "should we officially support the libertarian
cantidates for office."  It's the sort of thing that would pass by a
wide margin (if we ever had a formal vote on things :-), so we can
assume it unless somone objects.

--
peterson@autobahn.org (preferred)
http://www.autobahn.org/~peterson