Re: Electronic Meeting/Libertarian Students of America

Seth David Schoen (schoen@uclink4.Berkeley.EDU)
3 Feb 1998 08:18:13 GMT

Kevin Dempsey Peterson writes:

>>Okay, it's official.  We're now a chapter of Libertarian Students of
>>America unless we specifically vote against it at a later time.
>>
>>By the way, some of those votes were invalid.  Only people who've attended
>>meetings can vote...  not that it mattered this time.
>
>Perhaps the constituion should be amended to allow inititiatives to be
>passed by "general consent", with a provision that anyone can call for a
>vote on the matter within a reasonable time period.  This would be
>helpful for things like "should we officially support the libertarian
>cantidates for office."  It's the sort of thing that would pass by a
>wide margin (if we ever had a formal vote on things :-), so we can
>assume it unless somone objects.

I also like this provision.  I think some amendments should be presented
at the next meeting...

--
   Seth David Schoen L&S '01 (undeclared) / schoen@uclink4.berkeley.edu
Magna dis immortalibus habenda est atque huic ipsi Iovi Statori, antiquissimo