Re: Uncle Sam's Protection Racket

George J. Lee (gjlee@uclink4.berkeley.edu)
10 Apr 1998 00:09:20 -0700

Kevin Dempsey Peterson <peterson@ocf.Berkeley.EDU> writes:

> If we want to put up flyers to remind people that next wednesday is "Pay
> Your Tribute or Else" day, here's my idea.  I could probably also do a
> serious analysis of why libertarians oppose taxation, but I don't know
> if people would actually read them.  Comments?

Looks great. This argument appeals to morality and justice, but
another approach could be to note the actual cost of gov't and
taxation. Let's make a ton of these and post them up and hand them
out. I'm trying to get some of those $1 million bills, but we won't
get them in time if we order from the lp. I'll call some local parties
and try to arrange something, but I'm not sure if we will get them by
tax day.

George