Lilypad is aimed to teach basic circuit concepts that can be paired with LEDs, switches, buttons, and batteries.
Unlike some of the other robots in this library, the Lilypad has a smaller variety of lesson plans and tutorials. You can find a few tutorials on the Sparksfun page.
Lilypad in the Classroom
- Tutorial: Familiarize yourself and the students with how to use the board. Take a look at the Getting Started page for more detail.
- Sewing Tutorial: Some students may ask what an e-textile is. Follow along in the video provided in the link to see some basic uses of the Lilypad.
- Manipulating the Buttons: Students can sew their own design and use that as a button for their e-textile. Follow the link to see how.
- Fashion Show: Once students have gotten the basics down. They can create their own e-textile piece to show to the class! The link provided is just an example of what students can do!
- Beyond the Hanger: How else can students utilize e-textiles (besides clothing)? Brainstorm with students and see what kind of ideas and inventions they can come up with. The link provided is an example of a mechanical engineer making a LED kite!
Interested in more uses of electronics as a learning tool? Visit the Sparksfun education page for more detail.