Here are some sites I recommend to people. I'll be adding more in
the future, and will also add my complete bookmark file, once I find a
way to convert it to nice looking HTML.
- MCBH Kaneohe Bay
- Where I live and work.
- Recruiting page for the mind control cult I joined.
- The most amazingly
beautiful photos I've ever seen
- And no, it's not porn.
- Give me
liberty or give me death
- I happened to stuble upon Patrick Henry's speech to the
continental congress tonight. Reading it again, I'm convinced it's one
of the best pieces of political oratory ever written. As poetic as
Shakespeare, as impassioned as Martin Luther King.
- A Girl's Guide
to Geek Guys
- Microsoft links to outside reviews of how great their
software is. I link to this. The part about Star Trek as a metaphor
for how geeks think life should be is especially funny. I don't think
I'm a very good example of a geek -- I stopped watching Star Trek
around high school.
- Libertarian club at UC Berkeley. I'm webmaster, so (most) of the
bad design can be blamed on me.
- Reason Magazine
- Reason puts a lot of good content online, political and social
commentary from an anti-government, anti-bullshit, anti-anti-science
- So what is libertarianism? I could write some long explaination,
but it's been done, and done very well at Libertarian.org. Breadth and
depth, and doesn't promote one particular variety of
- Online humor magazine. Very funny, along the lines of National
Lampoon. Common targets include religion, politicians, and the type of
people who watch (and appear on) Jerry Springer. They also
occasionally post something that's funny without being offensive to
anyone, but don't count on it. Updated every Wednesday.
- The Internet Movie Database
- Just think -- ten years ago, if someone needed to know whether
the guy who directed Fifth Element has done any other science fiction
movies, they would have had to actually crack open a book. Now, you
just look it up on IMDb. Answer: well, something that might qualify as
cyberpunk from the plot description, but probably just some French
artsy crap (Kamikaze 1986).
- The Low
- Visionary? Or sci-fi fan who's done too much acid? Not sure, but
there's a lot of reading material here for anyone interested in how to
bring about Vinge's Singularity (read the page for an explaination of
what this is).
Please report any broken links, invalid HTML, or typos to
Last updated 21 October 2003