A collaboration between Communities for a Better Environment (CBE) and SCEC, exploring sites around the community to demonstrate the environmental racism that’s faced by communities of color like Richmond.
Discussions focused on:
- Richmond Historical and Political Orientation.
- History of the Richmond “Race Riots” of 1966 and 1968 and its impact on Richmond.
- North Richmond History and the impact of repeated chemical incidents on the
- Existing and plans for solar energy in Richmond.
- Chevron and its history of explosions, air pollution, water pollution, and political corruption.
- Wetland and creek restoration.
- Pt. Molate history and Casino Battle.
- Bay pollution and biological impacts, building reuse, Richmond’s transition to clean industry, and Brooks Island history.