Georgian Language and Culture Online
Ten introductory online lessons of Georgian Grammar have been created to help primarily the students who have expressed their interest in learning the Georgian language and for those who have a general interest in Georgian.
- Alphabet: reading and writing the letters
- Consonants: repeating the consonant sounds
- Consonants and Consonant Clusters
- The Plural of Nouns
- Forming Verbs from Nouns and Adjectives
- Forming Verbs: practicing interrogative sentences
- Forming and Using the Genitive Case
- Asking and Answering Time
- Present Tense of the Verb to do
- Intonation and Stress
Georgian language classes (beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels) were continuously offered at Berkeley from 1999 through 2009 (first at the Department of Near Eastern Studies and later at the Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures). We hope that the online lessons will temporarily aid the students who have been expressing their interest in learning Georgian.