Useful for course information, research information, the department calendar and directory.
Science Clubs at Berkeley:
- The Society of Physics Students is an undergraduate organization dedicated to making Berkeley a better place to study physics. SPS organizes seminars, lunches, social events, lab tours, and field trips as well as hosting general fun in its office, 275 LeConte.
- The Society of Women Engineers is a Berkeley branch of a national organization of women engineers. The Berkeley group sponsors engineering related events throughout the year.
Student Groups at Berkeley:
Women and minorities in STEM:
- Iota Sigma Pi – National Honor Society for Women in Chemistry
- Thriving in Science (grad/postdoc)
- Science Leadership and Management (SLAM)
- Awesome Time in Science (ATIS)
Other Resources @ Berkeley:
- Gender equity resource center
- The Student Learning Center (SLC) is the best place to find a tutor for free. Also, look into the supplementary workshops they have for specific classes. The SLC also holds seminars and workshops every week.
- Research@Berkeley is UC Berkeley’s own undergraduate research website. Find out the kinds of research professors are conducting and take part in their projects.
- California Digital Library gives you access to numerous databases. Check out the INSPEC database which includes almost all physics-related articles.
- The University of California, Berkeley Library also provides a large collection of online and campus resources.