Using human-centered design principles to redesign a fire prevention and detection IoT system for homeowners in five weeks. A design thinking project sponsored by Dr. Alice Agogino, professor of mechanical engineering at UC Berkeley.
design roadmap and documentation
- research (week 1) - 1:1 interviews, user observation, AEIOU
- analysis (week 2) - empathy maps, 2*2 matrices, why-how laddering
- ideating (week 3) - brainstorming, the anti-problem, weighted matrix
- prototyping (week 4) - prototyping, wireframing, additive manufacturing
- communicating (week 5) - design roadmapping, composite characters, storyboarding
Mobile App Prototype
Click me and see if you like this UI
Make educated decisions and see if you can successfully escape from a fire in your house...