wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Here is the purpose of human life - »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 23rd, 2018, 5:08pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   truth
(Moderators: Icarus, william wu, Eigenray, towr, SMQ, ThudnBlunder, Grimbal)
   Here is the purpose of human life -
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Here is the purpose of human life -  (Read 8143 times)
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler
*****



Some people are average, some are just mean.

   


Gender: male
Posts: 13640
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #25 on: Nov 1st, 2014, 12:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Oct 31st, 2014, 4:12am, teao wrote:
You can avoid the creator, but you cannot say He doesn't exist.
Sure I can. There is no Creator. There, I said it.
There is also no evidence of a creator, or any need for a creator to exist. If you want to indulge in your delusions, be my guest, but please don't expect others to and stick to the facts. (Actual facts, not fictions you believe in really, really hard.)
 
Quote:
But there is a government -- you can't deny that.
Sure I can. There is no government. There, I denied that the government exists. Clearly I have superpowers, because I can do things you hold unimaginable.
Though I'll grant you that there is in fact evidence that governments, unlike Gods do exist; they have an actual demonstrable effect on the world. And I'll also add that denying the government's existence doesn't make their nonexistence any more true than asserting that a Creator exists makes that true.
 
And again, it's all besides the point. Or at least you do a very bad job arguing that it isn't.
Why don't you just start anew, and retry explaining what free will is. And this time do it under the assumption that your audience isn't brainwashed with the same doctrines you are, and will require some actual argumentation and supporting evidence. NB. this your get-out-of-digging-your-own-hole-deeper card.
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2014, 12:44am by towr » IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler
*****



Some people are average, some are just mean.

   


Gender: male
Posts: 13640
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #26 on: Nov 1st, 2014, 1:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Oct 31st, 2014, 8:47am, teao wrote:
and im an preacher and i must point it out that you are all street dogs
LOL
You fail at basic biology. Tongue
 
You also fail at being a preacher, since you're not convincing anyone here.  
There's a saying "preaching to the choir"; that's what you might be good at, talking to people that already share your opinions and will just nod and say amen. But preaching to a skeptical, thinking audience without alienating them is definitely not your strength. You don't even know and understand your own scriptures well enough to cope with someone that also knows them, and then try to disguise it by resorting to insults and dodging the issue.
Let me tell you, this is not the place were you can get away with that nonsense; we're not cowed that easily. Shape up, or sod off.
 
Quote:
and your western civilization is soul killing or suicidal civilization. ( and i must speak the truth i can't hide it and follow this social convention )
 
and that is an solid fact not an bogus opinion.
Eh, I'm not gonna argue with the suicidal and soul-killing part. (Not that souls exist in an ontological sense. But metaphorically speaking, I'll let it slide)  
However, your alternative is not any better. Denying reality is not the answer. And insulting us isn't going to convince us otherwise. Though, if you do insist on continuing, please think of some novel insults. Maybe try something with cats for you next one. Or penguins, I always like penguins.
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2014, 4:27am by towr » IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
teao
Newbie
*





   


Posts: 24
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #27 on: Nov 1st, 2014, 2:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 1st, 2014, 12:41am, towr wrote:

Sure I can. There is no Creator. *********skip********. this your get-out-of-digging-your-own-hole-deeper card.

 
 
alright - alright so next question is this that can you recall everything which you have thought or done on each second withing `1 cheap minute ?  
 
what is your answer ? ( can you recall everything or not ? )
IP Logged
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler
*****



Some people are average, some are just mean.

   


Gender: male
Posts: 13640
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #28 on: Nov 1st, 2014, 4:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

*sigh* Fine, let's play this game.
 
I'll answer that question with two questions: Can you? And why is that question relevant?
IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
teao
Newbie
*





   


Posts: 24
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #29 on: Nov 1st, 2014, 4:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 1st, 2014, 4:40am, towr wrote:
*sigh* Fine, let's play this game.
 
I'll answer that question with two questions: Can you? And why is that question relevant?

 
simply tell me that can you recall everything which you have thought or done on each second within `1 cheap minute ?
 
simply tell me the answer without changing the topic. ( can you recall everything or not ? )
IP Logged
rmsgrey
Uberpuzzler
*****





134688278 134688278   rmsgrey   rmsgrey


Gender: male
Posts: 2818
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #30 on: Nov 1st, 2014, 5:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Can anyone ever know that they remember every thought they had over any given time period?
 
Unremembered thoughts leave no trace in the world, unless they prompted some action or some remembered thought before they were forgotten, so the most anyone can say is that they have no evidence of having forgotten any thoughts.
 
Are you aware of every thought in your head as you read this sentence?
 
***
 
It appears that we have very different fundamental beliefs about the world, and, since you're unwilling or unable to explain yours in terms I can understand, nor to attempt to understand mine, we're only going to be able to argue about superficial things because those are the only places where our universes overlap sufficiently to allow for communication...
IP Logged
teao
Newbie
*





   


Posts: 24
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #31 on: Nov 1st, 2014, 5:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

towr @ im still waiting for your answer that can you simply recall everything which you have thought or done on each second within`1 cheap minute Or not ?
 
and simply without changing the topic tell me that ( can you recall everything or not ?)
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2014, 5:37am by teao » IP Logged
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler
*****



Some people are average, some are just mean.

   


Gender: male
Posts: 13640
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #32 on: Nov 1st, 2014, 5:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 1st, 2014, 4:53am, teao wrote:
simply tell me that can you recall everything which you have thought or done on each second within `1 cheap minute ?
What do you mean by "`1 cheap minute"?
 
Quote:
simply tell me the answer without changing the topic. ( can you recall everything or not ? )
One has to understand a question properly before one can answer it properly. In fact, one has to understand a question properly to ask it properly.
If I don't recall everything, how would I know I don't recall everything? If I don't recall everything, how do I know I can't -- that it's not mere unrecognized ability that prevents me from recalling? If I do recall everything, how can I know there is not something I don't recall? How do you know I haven't answered you if you don't know what the answer is? If you don't know what the question is? And what is the topic? If we don't know what the topic is, how do we know if we change it or whether it changes itself? Does it matter if the topic changes itself if that is the nature of topics?
If confusion outweighs clarity, if chaos outweighs order, if questions outweigh answers, then is that not evidence that Eris is true. And is it any wonder she'd be the first to deny so? Because who'd want to be responsible for this mess anyway.
 
The only sensible thing one can answer to most questions is: I don't know.
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2014, 5:59am by towr » IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
teao
Newbie
*





   


Posts: 24
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #33 on: Nov 1st, 2014, 6:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 1st, 2014, 5:56am, towr wrote:

What do you *******skip********: I don't know.

 
 
don't show bogus word jugglery and simply tell me that can you recall everything which you have thought or done on each second within `1 ( cheaptest ) minute ?
 
last time im asking you that can you recall everything or not ? ( what is your answer [censored])  
 
 
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2014, 9:58pm by Grimbal » IP Logged
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler
*****



Some people are average, some are just mean.

   


Gender: male
Posts: 13640
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #34 on: Nov 1st, 2014, 12:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 1st, 2014, 6:17am, teao wrote:
don't show bogus word jugglery
Oh, right. I should leave that to you. Sorry. Didn't mean to encroach on your territory. Terribly unfair to rob you of the opportunity by not playing your game the way you want.
 
Suffice it to say, one man's nonsense is another man's wisdom. You may take comfort in that; or take offense at it - whichever you prefer.
 
Quote:
and simply tell me that can you recall everything which you have thought or done on each second within `1 ( cheaptest ) minute ?
Look, I don't know if you realize this, but your English is not terribly good. The combination of cheap and minute is meaningless, except perhaps in mobile phone plans. And what's up with the ` ?
 
Quote:
last time im asking you
Promise?
 
Quote:
( what is your answer foolish dullard )
Well, at least it's something else for a change. Not terribly inspired, though. I don't quite get what your intention is with those milk-toast insults. Would anyone do anything other than laugh at hearing a parrot insult them? It talks without thought, repeating what it heard without understanding.  
"Polly wants a cracker?"
 
But hey. So you want to know whether I can remember every second of every minute of my life? Or any minute? (You never clarified.)  
 
Let's say I don't. Hurrah! Now you can seize upon the opportunity to exclaim "Aha, but if you can't remember everything, then might you not have forgotten your past (lives?) and one day forget your current one". Sure, it's conceivable, though not probable, nor a notion worth entertaining (except for entertainment purposes). In fact it has as about much validity as claiming that every second I can't remember was spent as a little teapot, short and stout, floating in space between the Earth and Mars, or thereabout. I mean, that's certainly conceivable; I've just conceived of it.  
And then from there you'll segue into how you don't possess the intelligence to understand the supreme lord Krishna. This is all already in the opening post of this thread. It wasn't well articulated or intelligible then, and you seem to be simply following the same script.
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2014, 12:46pm by towr » IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
teao
Newbie
*





   


Posts: 24
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #35 on: Nov 1st, 2014, 6:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 1st, 2014, 12:45pm, towr wrote:

 
Let's say I don't******skip*******script.

 
that means you cannot recall each seconds detial of `1 ( cheap ) minute ( which you have thought or done on each second )
 
just like for example:- Just as you can *judge* whether rice is properly cooked by picking out one small grain, so you can know that person is *Rascal* or Sane by observing one line of his/her matter.
_____________
 
and [censored] you have forgotten everything which you done or thought in `1 cheap minute then it means that you also forgot everything which you have done or thought withing your whole hour, day, week, month, year or your whole life.
 
so where is need of bogus faith or belief here ? this forgetfullnesss is practical [censored]. and you are [censored] so you will never admit that yes actually i cannot recall everything.
 
and still you are [censored]. but where is your brain ? [censored] where is brain ? it is already crippled and still you are claiming that there is no rebirth or afterlife ?  
 
just see how big foolish rascal you actually are.
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2014, 9:57pm by Grimbal » IP Logged
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler
*****



Some people are average, some are just mean.

   


Gender: male
Posts: 13640
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #36 on: Nov 2nd, 2014, 8:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 1st, 2014, 6:15pm, teao wrote:
and street dog you have forgotten everything which you done or thought in `1 cheap minute then it means that you also forgot everything which you have done or thought withing your whole hour, day, week, month, year or your whole life.
It's amazing how you jump from not remembering every second to forgetting every second. Well, no, wait, that's not the word .. what is it again, oh yes -- I mean ridiculous.  
 
Quote:
so where is need of bogus faith or belief here ?
It's seated deep within your soul, apparently. I for one don't know why you bring it up, because it hasn't been a recent topic of discussion. But then we already established you don't quite have a grasp on logic or argumentation (or English).
 
Quote:
this forgetfullnesss is practical
Ok, now I'm amazed, for once your rambling mind has stumbled on something I can agree with. Yes, forgetfulness is practical. Not only that, it is also comforting; to think I won't have to remember your nonsense is a blissful realization. I'd very nearly imagine a Goddess just so I have someone to thank for that small mercy. The horror it would be to have to remember one such as yourself for one's entirely life *shudder*.
 
Quote:
and you are rascal dog
That sounds quite endearing, actually. "Oh you rascal dog, you. Who's a good boy, who's a good boy. You are, yes you~ are".
 
Quote:
so you will never admit that yes actually i cannot recall everything.
I'll quite happily admit you don't recall everything. I wouldn't be surprised if you forgot to put on pants in the morning. Frankly, I wonder how many people need to remind you to breath so you get through the day without suffocating. Your train of thought jumps tracks like a knight on a chessboard. A complete lack of recollection of the last sentence you put down would explain that.
 
Quote:
and still you are so much falsely puffed up.
That, my friend seems to be mostly projection. I'm just poking fun at your arrogant surety and inability to express any thought to back it up.
 
Quote:
but where is your brain ? shameless rascal where is brain ?
It's inside the head upon my shoulders, high up, where I can keep it cool; which is a much better place than up one's ass where you keep yours.
 
Quote:
and still you are claiming that there is no rebirth or afterlife ?
Yes, because there is no evidence for it, nor is there any need for it since it explains nothing. And you haven't given any argument to suggest otherwise, or in fact any argument even tangentially related to the issue. Nor, do I imagine, will you give any argument for why it deserves more consideration than any number of alternatives, like spending time as a teapot.
 
Quote:
just see how big foolish rascal you actually are.
I know how foolish I am, and act, a lot better than you Tongue And a lot better than you seem to know your own foolishness.  
See, I recognize my humanity, and the quirks that come with that. I like reading about it, because it's funny; and a bit scary. The mind is a wonderful, but somewhat nutty, thing. Like how it latches onto an idea and then only seeks to confirm it and dismisses any evidence to the contrary. How it seeks agents (like Gods and spirits) as causes, even where no such agents exist. How it sees itself in a more favorable light than objectivity would demand (except in depressives).  
It's all very practical, in some sense. But it does not tend to lead to rational people. All too often it leads to people like you who have lost grip on reality and can only see the universe through the blinkers of their ideology. Which is sad, because there is so much more to see; even if it can be startling.
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2014, 8:09am by towr » IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
gotit
Uberpuzzler
*****





   
Email

Gender: male
Posts: 804
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #37 on: Nov 2nd, 2014, 10:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 1st, 2014, 6:15pm, teao wrote:

_____________
 
 
 
and you are rascal dog
 
just see how big foolish rascal you actually are.

 
Have you even realized that the foolish street dogs in here (who are also rascals) are more logical than you are, speak better English than you do, and probably have a better understanding of your so called ideologies than you do.
 
That proves that the foolish street dogs (who are also rascals) are more intelligent than you are.
 
Oh wait !! I had forgotten that in one 'cheap minute' (whatever that means) yesterday, I had realized that the words like 'logic' or 'proof' do not exist in your dictionary (if at all you have one). So you will not understand (or refuse to understand) what the street dogs are trying to tell you.
IP Logged

All signatures are false.
teao
Newbie
*





   


Posts: 24
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #38 on: Nov 2nd, 2014, 9:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 2nd, 2014, 10:15am, gotit wrote:

 
Have you *****skip***** tell you.

 
althought my english is not very grammatically, rhetorically correct and Rascals are concerned with grammar. Actual workers are concerned with thoughts.
____________
 
Why we should waste our time talking with such foolish men ( and [censored] ) ? "I don't believe." No, You believe or not believe; fact is fact. You are going to be old man. If you say "I don't believe," then is that a very good proposition? It does not depend on your believing or not believing. The nature's course will take place.
 
you say i don't believe that i cannot recall everything which i have thought or done on each second within `1 cheap minute. ( and what to speak about your whole hour, day, week, month, year or your whole life ? )
 
 
That will go on. What is there in your believing and not believing? If you keep yourself in such darkness that "If you believe, then it is fact," then you are a fool, [censored]. If you depend only on your belief, then you are a fool. What is the meaning of your belief?
 
____________
 
and from the starting i didn't seen any rational, verifiable and tangible thing which any`1 has explained ( [censored] ).
 
all that you have done is imposing your personal opinions and experience. is this dry opinions and bogus experience is your rational logic ? and i have to believe such an [censored] like you ( all ) ??
 
just see the folly.
 
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2014, 9:54pm by Grimbal » IP Logged
rmsgrey
Uberpuzzler
*****





134688278 134688278   rmsgrey   rmsgrey


Gender: male
Posts: 2818
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #39 on: Nov 3rd, 2014, 5:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 2nd, 2014, 9:29pm, teao wrote:

 
althought my english is not very grammatically, rhetorically correct and Rascals are concerned with grammar. Actual workers are concerned with thoughts.

 
If only there were a way to convey thoughts from one person to another in such a way that the intended recipient could comprehend the thought of the first thinker...
 
A lantern with no candle, or an unlit candle sheds no light, but nor does one covered in dirt and grime. If you wish the illumination of your thoughts to be perceived by others, then clean the lantern of your words.
 
As for why we waste our time talking to you, firstly it is our time to spend as we see fit; secondly, there is value in putting these things into words; and thirdly, there's always the remote chance that if we keep explaining things, someday someone will arrive who will learn even a little from it.
 
I agree wholeheartedly that this thread is probably foolish, but denying the personal experiences of other people removes the possibility of communicating with them. I have to start by assuming that my perceptions and experiences are real (while allowing that my interpretations of them may be faulty) otherwise I have nothing beyond the bare fact of my existence. I think I perceive words and I infer an intended meaning from those apparent words. If my personal experiences lack validity, then my interpretation of certain patterns within my visual perception is meaningless - the fact you attempt to communicate at all, however poorly, is strong evidence that you believe I will perceive your words accurately - that that particular personal experience of mine will be valid.
IP Logged
teao
Newbie
*





   


Posts: 24
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #40 on: Nov 3rd, 2014, 6:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 3rd, 2014, 5:17am, rmsgrey wrote:

 
If only ********bogus bluff*******will be valid.

 
 
no wonder i already know it that im in fools paradise and all of you are nothing but [censored] just like [censored].  
 
you are Fool and “A fool is accepted by another fool."
 
For Example :-" fool’s paradise."All of you are fools and you have created your own paradise. Do you know that story?
 
One was drinking, so his friend said, ‘Oh, you are drinking, you’ll go to hell.’
“‘No, why? My father drinks.’
“‘Well, he’ll also go to hell.’
“‘Oh, my brother drinks.’
“‘So he’ll also go to hell.’
“’My mother…’ In this way, the whole list was passed. Then he said, ‘Everyone will go to hell then where is hell? It is paradise! If father is going, then mother is going, then I am going, then brother is going, then where is hell?’
“It is like that. There’s no question of fool. If everyone, all of us are fool, then where is the question of intelligent? ‘Hey, we are intelligent. This is your conclusion.
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2014, 9:52pm by Grimbal » IP Logged
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler
*****



Some people are average, some are just mean.

   


Gender: male
Posts: 13640
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #41 on: Nov 3rd, 2014, 8:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 3rd, 2014, 6:33am, teao wrote:
no wonder i already know it that im in fools paradise and all of you are nothing but shameless, senseless, foolish rascal idiots just like street dogs.
Dude, what have street dogs ever done to you? Stop insulting them. Did they sleep with your mother or something?
 
Quote:
you are Fool and “A fool is accepted by another fool."
That is contradicted by the fact I'm not accepting you. And if we're all fools here, you're all the bigger a fool for wasting your time on us  Roll Eyes
 
Quote:
This is your conclusion.
No, my conclusion has always been that you're a clown. And not the scary kind of clown terrorizing France at the moment, but the kind of clown that invites laughter and ridicule with his crazy antics.
IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
alien2
Uberpuzzler
*****






   


Gender: male
Posts: 6626
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #42 on: Nov 3rd, 2014, 9:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Quote:
Here is the purpose of human life -

The purpose of life is Emma Watson. Tongue
IP Logged


towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler
*****



Some people are average, some are just mean.

   


Gender: male
Posts: 13640
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #43 on: Nov 3rd, 2014, 10:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
Grimbal
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler
*****






   


Gender: male
Posts: 7408
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #44 on: Nov 3rd, 2014, 12:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dear teao.
 
The consensus among the regulars of this forum is that none of what you say makes sense.
 
We actually have treated you with great respect, considering the numerous insults you have spoken here.  Many of us have the power to delete all of your posts.  We haven't, because we respect you as a person.
 
I am not sure this is going to last, though.
 
You can insult me.  You don't know me so it doesn't matter what you think about me.  Go ahead, insult me!
 
And you can repeat your insanities a hundred times, it doesn't make them more true.  It only shows the world what sort of person you are.
 
I don't know what you are trying to achieve, but you can't win this.
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2014, 1:36pm by Grimbal » IP Logged
rloginunix
Uberpuzzler
*****





   


Posts: 1026
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #45 on: Nov 3rd, 2014, 5:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Also do not overlook the irony of the big picture - the West and everyone else is bashed via the tools created by the West and everyone else.
 
The wholesale insults here are carried around the world at the speed of light. A westerner, a British scientist Michael Faraday, developed an idea of the existence of an electromagnetic force field. Another westerner, a Scott, James Maxwell, used that idea to propose that light is an orthogonal juxtaposition of two carefully phased spatially oscillating waves - electric and magnetic - that can propagate through the vacuum and framed that idea into four differential or integral equations, pick your favorite.
 
The insults are, further, carried by the TCP/IP packets where TCP/IP stands for Transmission Control Protocol Internet Protocol which encodes its payload in binary numbers (courtesy of Gottfried Leibniz in the West, a German) and which was developed by the mathematicians, computer programmers and engineers employed by DARPA - Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency - an arm of the federal government of the United States - the work that was paid for by everyone who pays federal taxes in the US.
 
The insults are, further, enveloped into the World-Wide Web protocol - an invention by the physicists from CERN - Tim Berners-Lee, Robert Caillau and others.
 
The insults were no doubt originated on some form of an electronic computing device. The very first such device, vacuum tube-based, was engineered by a British man Tommy Flowers in the early 1940-ies in Blatchley Park, north of London, England, where Mr. Flowers collaborated with another great British mind - Alan Turing who, as history has it, shared his country of origin with yet another big thinker of England - Charles Babbage.
 
Not to mention the seven-layer OSI network design, Ethernet, its cables, routers, repeaters, adapters, permanent storage, operating systems, compilers used to create the web servers, web browsers, text editors, forum software ...
 
But these tangible achievements were not done in vacuum overnight. There is a long history and a tall hierarchy of the great minds of the past whose contributions led up to it.
 
Speaking of the past. If I am catching the drift here and reading the ethnic backgrounds correctly what about Satyendra Nath Bose? He was as Indian as one can get. Yet he somehow found it very much possible to reconcile his potential differences with the West and be the first one to step forward and write a letter expressing his quantum mechanics idea to Albert Einstein. Einstein knew a thing or two about logic - he instantly deduced who the author of the letter was. He also instantly realized the worth of the idea.
 
And regardless of potential culinary and religious differences Einstein not only translated Bose's idea from English into German himself but used his weight (and reputation!) to be instrumental in getting Bose's work published in a prestigious German physics magazine, which he saw through, and that is why we all can now read about Bose-Einstein statistics and Bose-Einstein condensate.
 
As we can see not only the East came to the West but the West responded to and collaborated with the East in an equal measure. Why? Because the currency of these people - solid facts, hard logic, deduction chains that prove or disprove original ideas - transcends the minutia of everything else.
 
But do not despair, teao. There is plenty of opportunity for a positive expansion of energy. Just like the great minds of the past - create something new subject to the rules described above, share it with the rest of us, ask for nothing in return. For example. A very very small interesting number known to humans is Planck length. In meters it is 10 to the -35th power. A very very large interesting number known to humans is the diameter of the known Universe. In meters it is 10 to the +26th power. As it turns out in modern physics it is not just their simple ratio that is interesting - but the square of that ratio which makes the magnitude difference between the two distances even more pronounced: 26*2 = 52, 35*2 = 70, 52 + 70 = 122 orders of magnitude.
 
The objective is very simple. Find one equation - just one, how hard could that be? - which covers this 122 orders of magnitude difference from end to end and captures the physics of the Universe along the way.
 
Partial examples. In that equation if we rejigger some small number of parameters it should explain this Universe at a tiny scale of elementary particles. If we rejigger some small number of parameters again it should explain the Universe at the scale normal to humans (a ball 1 centimeter in radius rolling off of a sphere 1 meter in radius). If we rejigger some small number of parameters yet again it should explain the Universe at the biggest of scales (galaxies, metagalaxies and beyond). That is all and good luck.
IP Logged
rmsgrey
Uberpuzzler
*****





134688278 134688278   rmsgrey   rmsgrey


Gender: male
Posts: 2818
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #46 on: Nov 4th, 2014, 5:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Going back to the original post:
 
1) My parents are the people who raised me. There's a good chance that they are also the people whose genetic material combined to form mine, but that's largely irrelevant. If I cared, I could observe the similarities of feature I bear to other members of my extended family as corroboratory evidence, and I could even go to the expense of getting genetic testing done - in principle, I could also do the genetic testing myself, or get a friend to do it in my presence and understand their actions.
 
My point is that I don't need to rely on authority to identify my parents - nor to identify the individuals whose genetic material combined to form mine - there is evidence out there, and I can find it and verify it myself.
 
2) There are many who are claimed to be authorities, some of whom even claim themselves to be authorities. It is decidedly not the case that they all agree about Krishna, nor about pretty much anything else you care to mention. The only way all authorities can agree on something is if you have some means of determining which people who are said to be authorities actually are authorities. The most commonly used one is to accept one or two authorities and accept or reject other claimed authorities based on their agreement or disagreement with your accepted authorities. A more rational approach is to accept reality as your first authority and judge other authorities by reference to that.
 
3) If I have no memory of any previous lives, and there is no direct evidence of them, then their existence or otherwise is irrelevant - they're only significant if they actually produce observable effects on my life that can't be explained without them
 
4) I tried chanting various things for 5 minutes each - I found the strongest positive effect came from "Supercallifragilisticexpialidocious" - maybe Dame Julie Andrews knows something we don't? The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear also has positive effects, but they're situational.
 
5) The vast majority of religions, faiths, moral philosophers and anyone else who tells people what they should do all pretty much agree on the "being a better person" part of things - be nice to other people, eat less meat and more vegetables, get some exercise, etc. So the "don't gamble, don't have illicit sex, don't do drugs and don't eat meat" part of your prescription is standard stuff. The chanting is also a fairly standard element, though the content varies widely.
 
IP Logged
teao
Newbie
*





   


Posts: 24
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #47 on: Nov 4th, 2014, 9:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 4th, 2014, 5:03am, rmsgrey wrote:
Going back to the original post:
 
2) There are many who are claimed to be authorities, some of whom even claim themselves to be authorities.  
 
 

 
alright now simply tell me what kind of explanation those authorities are giving to you ( or every`1 else ) ?
 
explain there explanations right now.
 
and keep this thing in your [censored] brain that you cannot impose another authority on us. ( we the Hare Krishnas )
 
now im waiting for those explanation which many authorities have already given to you.
 
simply explain there explanations. ( and if there is no explanation then keep your nonsense in your fools paradise. )
 
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2014, 9:50pm by Grimbal » IP Logged
Grimbal
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler
*****






   


Gender: male
Posts: 7408
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #48 on: Nov 4th, 2014, 9:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 4th, 2014, 9:17am, teao wrote:
(some more blabbering)

Frankly, nobody cares.
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2014, 9:59pm by Grimbal » IP Logged
rmsgrey
Uberpuzzler
*****





134688278 134688278   rmsgrey   rmsgrey


Gender: male
Posts: 2818
Re: Here is the purpose of human life -  
« Reply #49 on: Nov 5th, 2014, 6:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 4th, 2014, 9:17am, teao wrote:
explain there explanations right now.

 
I can't explain it all in one post, or even in a hundred posts. And you've not said what it is that you want the explanations of, so...
 
In the beginning, something happened. There are lots of guesses about what that something was, some of which are intended to be taken more seriously than others, but what we do know is that shortly after that beginning, the entire universe was filled with high-intensity energy. As space expanded, the whole thing started to cool down, and matter and anti-matter started to condense out of the wild energy, forming and annihilating in almost equal quantities - almost equal because, when the dust settled, there was a tiny amount of matter left over. Things expanded and cooled still further - quark-gluon plasma condensed into nucleons, and proton-electron plasma condensed into atoms, making the universe suddenly transparent, and the last dim glow of that fireball can still be seen today if you have eyes that can see at microwave frequencies - if you have an analogue radio, you can pick it up - tune in between stations, and listen to the hiss - part of that signal is from the Sun, part of it is terrestrial sources, and part of it is other celestial radio sources; but part of it is the background glow of that first great fireball, slowly fading over billions of years.
 
The matter of the universe was about 3/4 Hydrogen atoms, 1/4 Helium atoms, and a trace of other light elements, and was spread out almost, but not quite evenly in space. That slight unevenness, under the combined influences of gravity and time, grew more pronounced - dense areas got denser; sparse areas, emptier. On very large scales, the density of matter decreased as the universe continued to expand, but locally, in some places, the density increased. Denser regions collapsed in on themselves until they got hot and dense enough to start fusing Hydrogen into Helium, forming an uneasy equilibrium with the explosive release of energy from the fusion countering the pull of gravity while the Hydrogen lasted. But the effect of gravity wasn't restricted to forming stars - the process of concentrating matter into clumps with gaps between them took place at every scale, from specks of dust up to super-clusters of galaxies.
 
The early stars burned brightly and burned out fast, ending their days with massive explosions that scattered newly-formed heavier elements across the sky. Over millions of years, the interstellar shockwaves created new regions of star formation, and the continuing process of star formation started producing stars that included the heavy elements from the start. The heavier of those new stars, in turn, burned through their fuel and exploded, giving rise to a third generation of stars.
 
In the course of turning a cloud of interstellar gas into a star, the net angular momentum of the cloud has to be accounted for. Most of the matter in the cloud condenses down into a spinning disc, which further collapses into a central mass with almost no angular momentum, and a serious of rings, with most of the angular momentum and relatively little of the mass. The matter in the rings collects together through collisions and ends up as planets (and other junk).
 
In the case of one particular third-generation star, fairly late in planetary formation, when the planets were largely settled, something happened, probably a collision with one of those bits of junk, that gave one of those planets a disproportionately large satellite. Almost as soon as that planet's surface cooled down enough to allow it, life started to develop, leading, eventually, to radical changes in the planet's atmosphere and surface layers.
 
After billions of years, an animal emerged that developed the capacity for tool use, for abstract thought, and for communication of arbitrary data. Members of that species asked questions about the world around them, and came up with stories that described and explained their experiences. Eventually, they came up with a way of thinking about those stories and deciding which ones seem more likely to be true known as the scientific method (which basically consists of trying hard to prove something's not true, and accepting it as probably true when it turns out you can't despite it looking like you should be able to). Using that approach, that animal has developed the ability to communicate further, travel faster, build higher and dig deeper than any other animal on the planet, and has even explored other planets, studied other stars, and come up with a reasonably convincing story for how the whole thing developed.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.4!
Forum software copyright © 2000-2004 Yet another Bulletin Board