wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Sandman duel »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 12:44pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   general problem-solving / chatting / whatever
(Moderators: Icarus, Grimbal, Eigenray, SMQ, ThudnBlunder, towr, william wu)
   Sandman duel
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26  ...  31 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sandman duel  (Read 16181 times)
BNC
Uberpuzzler

Re: Sandman duel  
« Reply #575 on: Nov 28th, 2004, 3:17pm »

I am snow, too cold to demonstrate in, sending people shivering home.
IP Logged

How about supercalifragilisticexpialidociouspuzzler [Towr, 2007]
Noke Lieu
Uberpuzzler

pen... paper... let's go! (and bit of plastic)

« Reply #576 on: Nov 28th, 2004, 7:14pm »

snow Eh?

I am Robert Van Winkle, stage name Vanilla Ice, another white rapper from the late 80s/early 90s.
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2004, 7:15pm by Noke Lieu » IP Logged

a shade of wit and the art of farce.
BNC
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #577 on: Nov 28th, 2004, 10:31pm »

Risking the "lack of imagination" clause...

I am Eminem, most successful white rapper ever (and perhaps the most successful ever, period), putting all other white rappers in the shade.
IP Logged

Three Hands
Uberpuzzler

Reucserru+Oymai

« Reply #578 on: Nov 29th, 2004, 3:36am »

I am Buddy Holly, fore-runner of whites performing black music, paving way for the acceptance of artists such as Eminem
IP Logged
Grimbal
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #579 on: Nov 29th, 2004, 5:40am »

I am Kazaa, bringing the whole music industry to bankruptcy, forcing musicians to abandon music for a "real job".
IP Logged
BNC
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #580 on: Nov 29th, 2004, 7:58am »

I am malware (spyware etc.), infesting Kazaa, driving informed users away.
IP Logged

bagoftricks

« Reply #581 on: Nov 29th, 2004, 8:15pm »

i am freeware, with no pesky worms, helping all kinds of users Cheesy
IP Logged
Icarus
Uberpuzzler

Boldly going where even angels fear to tread.

« Reply #582 on: Nov 29th, 2004, 8:41pm »

on Nov 28th, 2004, 2:21pm, Grimbal wrote:
I am the demonstration, in view of the politicians and the people (via the TV), shouting clear and loud the truth the politicians want to ignore.

Demonstrations are a form of political punditry, rather than a counter to it.

But, moving on...

I am advertising, brand-promoting, enticing the gullible.
IP Logged

"Pi goes on and on and on ...
And e is just as cursed.
I wonder: Which is larger
When their digits are reversed? " - Anonymous
Noke Lieu
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #583 on: Nov 29th, 2004, 9:46pm »

I am consumerism, born of advertising pressures *, it's own worst enemy...

*  which came first I suppose, the advertising or the need to out-compete? or something... ? ? ?
IP Logged

Grimbal
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #584 on: Nov 30th, 2004, 6:18am »

on Nov 29th, 2004, 8:41pm, Icarus wrote:
Demonstrations are a form of political punditry, rather than a counter to it.

Ah?  In fact, I looked it up in the dictionnary and saw something like "imposing an opinion".  I assumed it was by the politicians themselves.
That is the good thing in the sandman duel, there is no procedure to evaluate and reject an entry.  So you can say anything vaguely opposed, it will pass.  Smiley

Anybody for consumerism?
IP Logged
rmsgrey
Uberpuzzler

134688278 134688278   rmsgrey   rmsgrey

« Reply #585 on: Nov 30th, 2004, 8:29am »

I am economic recession, inhibiting consumer spending, reducing sales of luxury items.
IP Logged
Noke Lieu
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #586 on: Nov 30th, 2004, 6:22pm »

I am The Great Depression, making a small recession feel quite embarrased that it was even mentioned, breeding tougher working classes entitled to say "was harder in my day" Cheesy
IP Logged

Burton

Email

« Reply #587 on: Dec 1st, 2004, 1:36am »

I am Secession, the divided house that must stand.  I am the agreement to disagree.

New America
We Blue States are leaving you red states to form a more perfect union and you red states can even keep our married name, The United States.

Our new blue state country called New America, starts in California, goes up to Oregon, Washington, across Canada to grab Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and the rest of New England-- that's New America, you red states keep the rest. I haven't checked on this plan with Canada but, nobody whose in the Monkees says no to joining the Beatles, so Canada's in.

If you red staters want, all the normal business blue and red states do now can continue -- there'll be trade and commerce between our two countries, the Chicago Cubs will still play the Florida Marlins, it'll be business as usual.

You Red Staters can keep the Constitution and Bill of Rights, New America has copies and we're going to fix them anyway. Our second amendment will make it clear, for example, you can't buy a rocket launcher at a flea market. Little tweaks like that.

New America will have lots of religion, Baptists, Buddhists, Agnostics for Jesus, the whole range, just not in the public schools. No new "creation-ism" science books needed, here. Imagine the savings.

Abortion will be legal within limits but we're also going to finance tons of scary sex education in our schools, too, and soon we'll have tons fewer unwanted pregnancies than you. Our Blue State New America kids will know how and why what got into them got into them. Fewer doctor visits, imagine our savings....

We will split up the military, we blue staters pay for most of, but we'll share it with you. Our two nations certainly could, in the future, have a coalition of the willing, at times. But New America will be unwilling at other times. And because we won't be attacking nations that didn't attack us first, inflaming, for example, the whole of the already testy Arab world, again, imagine our savings.

We will have an energy policy that looks beyond oil. You can have Alaska if we can have Hawaii.
Electronic voting machines in New America will have a paper trail. That only seems fair. If I can get a piece of paper proving I paid for a Slurpee at 7/11, I should be able to get a piece of paper saying who I wanted to be the leader of the free world. Again, that only seems fair. In fact, that seems to be the essence of, hmmmm, (I'm scratching my chin) what was that again, oh yes, democracy.

This break up is going to be good for both of us because blue states generate a disproportionately huge amount of the tax revenue spent propping up you red states, again, imagine the savings for New America, and after we split you red states can prove what you can do when the government gets off your back. With no more spousal support from us keeping you down you red states will flourish and prosper and you'll soon forget we were ever married.  

- from NPR
IP Logged
Speaker
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #588 on: Dec 1st, 2004, 7:06pm »

I am Abraham Lincoln; Bible reading Republican President with strong convictions, willilng to go to war to see those convictions satisfied.  

Politics, is this the time or the place...

nah...
IP Logged

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. <Ben Franklin>
Icarus
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #589 on: Dec 1st, 2004, 8:35pm »

Actually, it was the South that chose to go to war. If they had tried other means of enforcing their seccession, such as refusal to cooperate in all Federal activity, they might have succeeded in seceding. But by choosing open hostility, they effectively undermined support for their cause in the North.

Anyway - I am parental propriety, denying little girls from suggesting presidents should grow beards, damaging presidential image.
IP Logged

And e is just as cursed.
Noke Lieu
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #590 on: Dec 2nd, 2004, 4:38pm »

I am a gerbil, exercising my (gerbil) parental propiety, eating my offspring.
IP Logged

Grimbal
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #591 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 4:54am »

I am a gerbil's parent, doing as the gerbil parents do, eating the gerbil.  Grin
IP Logged
BNC
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #592 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 7:00am »

I am  Richard Gere, using a gerbil for my sexual pleasure   Embarassed, causing the poor thing a lifetime trauma  Shocked.  

<Yes, I know it probably never happend...>
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2004, 7:01am by BNC » IP Logged

Three Hands
Uberpuzzler

Reucserru+Oymai

« Reply #593 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 8:30am »

I am a prostitute, more willing to satisfy sexual needs, more satisfying than a gerbil
IP Logged
rmsgrey
Uberpuzzler

134688278 134688278   rmsgrey   rmsgrey

« Reply #594 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 8:46am »

I am Jack The Ripper, prostitute murdering, police-evading.
IP Logged
EZ_Lonny

Real anarchists play chess without the king

« Reply #595 on: Dec 6th, 2004, 4:06am »

I am time, solving mostly every problem, causing Jack to die as Nomen Nescio (or maybe worldfamous for other reasons than Ripping)
IP Logged

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge - Bertrand Russel
Three Hands
Uberpuzzler

Reucserru+Oymai

« Reply #596 on: Dec 6th, 2004, 7:05am »

I am Dr. Emmett Brown, refusing to be constrained by ordered flow of time, building machines capable of escaping an ordered timeline
IP Logged
Grimbal
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #597 on: Dec 6th, 2004, 10:27am »

I am the time-travel paradox, modifying the past, reverting it to a universe where time travel never existed.
IP Logged
Icarus
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #598 on: Dec 6th, 2004, 4:42pm »

I am befuddlement, claiming one of the pair of docs, leaving but a monodoc behind.

I have a friend who also has earned a doctorate (in education). I once said to him "when we are together, we are a paradox". For months afterwards, whenever I saw him and someone else was around, he would repeat the joke for them. Sometimes punning can turn into real punishment! Tongue
IP Logged

And e is just as cursed.
Speaker
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #599 on: Dec 6th, 2004, 6:48pm »

I am enlightenment; gained by turning on a light, allowing one to see what is actually actual.  

I like my puns with butter and honey.
IP Logged

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. <Ben Franklin>
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26  ...  31 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »