wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Outgrowing OCF! »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 2:53am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   guestbook
(Moderators: towr, Grimbal, SMQ, william wu, Eigenray, ThudnBlunder, Icarus)
   Outgrowing OCF!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Outgrowing OCF!  (Read 3766 times)
Tristan

Email

Outgrowing OCF!  
« on: Jul 27th, 2004, 2:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hey, I appreciate your site and all, it looks like a lot of people are having a great time, but frankly, this server is getting a bit slow. There are always at least 15 processes of YaBB running under your username, and they're eating up the CPU.

I'm in no way affiliated with the OCF, just a fellow user of the server, and I can only ask that since your site has such appeal and functionality for so many people (And lots and lots of posts)  that you consider moving it to a server that can better handle the load, and maybe one that's not shared with several hundred other users. I don't mean this to be angry or anything, it's just that the OCF servers are rather slow. Plus, your site would certainly be faster if you moved. Thanks for your time.
IP Logged
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

Re: Outgrowing OCF!  
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28th, 2004, 3:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

There would definitely be benefits to moving to a dedicated server. But I think it would too expensive. Of course there is a small chance William is secretly a millionaire and can easily afford it, but I wouldn't bet on it Wink
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2004, 3:55am by towr » IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
william wu
wu::riddles Administrator

Re: Outgrowing OCF!  
« Reply #2 on: Jul 28th, 2004, 4:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Heh, I'm so broke.

Thanks for the tactful heads-up Tristan. I've queried some YaBB experts on how I may be able to substantially reduce the load we impose on the server. Still waiting for a reply.
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2004, 4:09am by william wu » IP Logged

[ wu ] : http://wuriddles.com / http://forums.wuriddles.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »