wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - How Many Puppies? »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 9:16pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   easy
(Moderators: SMQ, Icarus, Eigenray, william wu, towr, ThudnBlunder, Grimbal)
   How Many Puppies?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How Many Puppies?  (Read 505 times)
ThudnBlunder
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

The dewdrop slides into the shining Sea

How Many Puppies?  
« on: Apr 11th, 2003, 11:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My nerdy neighbour's bitch recently gave birth. (At the same time, one of their pets also bore some puppies.) Smiley   I asked him how many she had had. Never one for giving a straight answer, he replied enigmatically, "If she'd had one less she'd have had half as many as three more than three times as many as she'd have had if she'd had three less." How many puppies did she have?
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2003, 4:05pm by ThudnBlunder » IP Logged

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.....................................................................er, if that's all right with the rest of you.
otter

Re: How Many Puppies?  
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11th, 2003, 12:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Clearing the fog from having read this one far too many times, and if my math is right, I think she had 4 puppies.  Tongue
IP Logged

We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started
and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Eliot
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »