wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Willywutang and the Putnam exam »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 1:09pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   general problem-solving / chatting / whatever
(Moderators: Grimbal, ThudnBlunder, towr, Eigenray, Icarus, SMQ, william wu)
   Willywutang and the Putnam exam
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Willywutang and the Putnam exam  (Read 843 times)
Pietro K.C.

115936899 115936899    

Willywutang and the Putnam exam  
« on: Feb 9th, 2003, 12:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey Willy, how'd you do on the Putnam? You were in that H90 class and all, I assume you took it...
IP Logged

"I always wondered about the meaning of life. So I looked it up in the dictionary under 'L' and there it was --- the meaning of life. It was not what I expected." (Dogbert)
william wu
wu::riddles Administrator

Re: Willywutang and the Putnam exam  
« Reply #1 on: Feb 9th, 2003, 9:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sorry to disappoint you Pietro, but Willywutang didn't take it. I dropped H90 halfway through the semester. The main reason was that 75% of the classtime was spent by students going up to the board and explaining their solutions or attempts at one. Many of these students communicate poorly, either because of thick foreign accents, or the stereotypical social ineptitude that comes with being a math whiz. So it was frustrating to sit in class and not understand a thing until the professor -- who understands my problems with the class -- finally clearly articulated his solution during the remainder of the class period. I guess I still could've taken the exam anyways without taking H90, but after this experience I was just turned off  Undecided
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2003, 3:11pm by william wu » IP Logged

[ wu ] : http://wuriddles.com / http://forums.wuriddles.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »