wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Teaching everyone programming using twitter. »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 10:15pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   general problem-solving / chatting / whatever
(Moderators: william wu, towr, Icarus, Eigenray, SMQ, ThudnBlunder, Grimbal)
   Teaching everyone programming using twitter.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Teaching everyone programming using twitter.  (Read 1254 times)
amichail
Senior Riddler

Teaching everyone programming using twitter.  
« on: Jul 26th, 2009, 12:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Microblogging has made blogging quick and easy. No longer do you need to write up an elaborate blog post. Just a sentence or two would do. Tweets are also quick and easy to read.

Why not adapt this idea to programming? For example, you could allow twitter users to write python programs that fit in 140 characters.

Such programs would execute in your twitter reader by default, sandboxed and with a time limit. This would be particularly compelling if you have access to a graphics library and can create cool patterns in your tweets.

People can learn what these programs do by example and adapt them for their own tweets.
IP Logged

DropZap - a new kind of block elimination game
raven
Senior Riddler

"Why is a raven like a writing desk?"   ~M. Hatter

Email

Re: Teaching everyone programming using twitter.  
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15th, 2009, 8:39pm »

It seems that tweeting has caught on across the entire world except with me...although I do like this idea, except it would soon be exploited in some manner for advertisements.

Shocked
IP Logged
Benny
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #2 on: Sep 29th, 2009, 12:32pm »

on Sep 15th, 2009, 8:39pm, raven wrote:
It seems that tweeting has caught on across the entire world except with me...although I do like this idea, except it would soon be exploited in some manner for advertisements.

Shocked

This article states that :  
Americans not sold on Twitter, says poll

Do you believe that Twitter will become inevitably obsolete?

I have added Twitter to my daily tech diet because it's fun, met new people and I've been tracking keyword trends or twitter memes.
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2009, 12:33pm by Benny » IP Logged

If we want to understand our world — or how to change it — we must first understand the rational choices that shape it.
fiziwig

« Reply #3 on: Apr 29th, 2010, 9:21pm »

Back in my early programming career, circa 1963 or so, when the IBM 1401 was the latest state of the art, we nerds used to compete to put the most sophisticated program into an 80-column punch card. The code was binary machine language, of course, (using the "multi-punch" button on the 026 keypunch machine) not compiled, just booted from the card reader and run.

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/history/026.html
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »