wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - COFFEE MACHINE DESIGN »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 6:45pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   microsoft
(Moderators: SMQ, Grimbal, Icarus, william wu, ThudnBlunder, towr, Eigenray)
   COFFEE MACHINE DESIGN
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: COFFEE MACHINE DESIGN  (Read 12294 times)
Kozo Morimoto

Email

COFFEE MACHINE DESIGN  
« on: Jul 28th, 2002, 7:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

COFFEE MACHINE DESIGN  
How would you design a coffee-machine for an automobile?  

I wouldn't design a coffee machine for an automobile.  I would design a coffee machine for a person to be used inside/outside of an automobile.

Don't you have to be pedantic for a riddle?  Wink
IP Logged
Alex

Email

Re: COFFEE MACHINE DESIGN  
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29th, 2002, 4:20pm »

I would design it to use air instead of water. Also, the coffee would enter the system after the filter. Better yet, instead of coffee, I'd use nitrous oxide. Unfortunately, this coffee wouldn't keep the driver awake if he were to use it. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be fun though!

If the riddle was intended non-literally, and what they wanted was a coffee machine for use inside an automobile, I would simply design a pressurized system behind the dash that sprays the coffee out of the steering wheel and into the driver's mouth (or eyes if they are sleeping).
IP Logged
Jeremiah Smith

Beep!

« Reply #2 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 6:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, to be non-pedantic, I would make a regular coffee machine, and design it use of those non-spill plastic cups. It would fill it up, and then once it detects that the cup is full, it slaps on one of those lid thingies. That way, you could take it out of the machine without spilling it on your lap.

Orrr...in true Microsoft style, I would simply steal some other guy's idea for a automobile coffee machine, and then make it worse, and then make it spill coffee everywhere when you turn your headlights on, or when your wipers go on, or whenever it feels like it...
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2002, 6:42pm by Jeremiah Smith » IP Logged
wbob

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 9th, 2002, 6:04pm »

"one that contaminates java"?
IP Logged
Alex Wright

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 3rd, 2003, 9:16pm »

I wuoldn't design one because "JAVA" is a Sun Microsystems Language
IP Logged
TheReverend

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 22nd, 2003, 8:20pm »

I wouldn't build a coffee maker for use inside an automobile because drivers are distracted enough as it is with cell phones and telling their kids to shut up; the last thing they need is to make a frappuccino or something.
IP Logged
Ravi

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 4th, 2003, 4:38pm »

Apart from the no spilling thing I would design it to use power from the car i.e using the cigarrete lighter thingie of the car. I would also make it include some kind of compartment for holding sugar, coffee, etc. I would have it glued/screwed to some part of the car.
IP Logged
James Fingas
Uberpuzzler

Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 5th, 2003, 12:01pm »

First I would design a universal molecular-assembly device, and call it a "replicator". Then I would miniturize the replicator so it could fit inside a car, and increase its flexibility so it can make molecules at any temperature, and decrease its power consumption so that it can be powered by a 12V cigarette lighter socket, and change its input matter requirements so it could run off of gasoline, and increase its speed so that it could make a full cup of coffee within five minutes, and then program it to make full cups of coffee with spill-proof lids.

But this is really a trick question! Here is the part you thought I would forget: then I would patent the use of replicators for making coffee inside automobiles. Bye-bye competition!
IP Logged

Doc, I'm addicted to advice! What should I do?
RollyF

Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 8th, 2004, 12:39am »

Ahh, why just limit yourself to coffee.  Invent something that can serve both hot and cold beverages.  Place the boiler next to the engine and the cooler next to the aircon compressor - if that's the coldest section of the airconditioning unit.  This would save you a lot on energy.  You can add a secondary heating and cooling units in case the engine or the aircon are not being used.  As for the despensing unit, make sure that you design one that can be adjusted by the passenger. Otherwise, there's a big chance you'll be sued for making very hot coffee.  Also, slap a big sticker in the dashboard that says, "Drinking or eating while driving can be fatal when followed by a crash."
IP Logged
bishwa

« Reply #9 on: Aug 16th, 2004, 3:14pm »

Let Apple do the designing and then nick it.
IP Logged
Speaker
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #10 on: Aug 16th, 2004, 6:26pm »

Well, to increase efficiency, replace the coolant in the radiator with spring water. Be sure to make all the tubes and other components out of stainless steel. Then, move the radiator pump up to the dash board. Include a valve that would divert hot water from the pump into a filter filled with coffee grounds. Then, when coffee is desired, place grounds in the filter, then open the valve. Hot water is directed over the coffee grounds, and coffee drips out into a cup.  

Be sure to replace the spring water in the radiator occasionally as required. Probbly a larger radiator would be required to compensate for the lower cooling qualities of water. However, as cold water is added on a daily basis, maybe not. Anyway, this would allow for more coffee to be drunk.  

Actually, you could probably set it up to make espresso also...
IP Logged

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. <Ben Franklin>
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »