wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Too many people »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 12:06pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   suggestions, help, and FAQ
(Moderators: Eigenray, ThudnBlunder, william wu, Grimbal, SMQ, towr, Icarus)
   Too many people
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Too many people  (Read 1552 times)
Random Lack of Squiggily Lines
Senior Riddler

Everything before 7/1/2008 is now irrelevant.

Too many people  
« on: Mar 12th, 2008, 3:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I think we should go, and delete all the users that have 10 or less posts,and havent logged on in over a month

because, i think the mass amounts of us will slow the website, and the computer i am using is slow enough already.

today i saw ~11000 members, and i bet only 500 of those should reman, because they actually use this

just thinking about more spring cleaning
IP Logged

You can only believe i what you can prove, and since you have nothing proven to cmpare to, you can believe in nothing.

I have ~50 posts to hack a "R" into a "D". Which one?
Eigenray
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Re: Too many people  
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12th, 2008, 6:48pm »

on Mar 12th, 2008, 3:11pm, Master of Everything 42 wrote:
because, i think the mass amounts of us will slow the website, and the computer i am using is slow enough already.

I can't tell whether you're joking.  (No offense if you're not.)

But yes, there have been hundreds of new members in the last couple days with 0 posts.  It might be wise to just delete all members with 0 posts, especially since membership isn't required to read the forums anymore.
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2008, 6:53pm by Eigenray » IP Logged
Azgard
Senior Riddler

Just gonna drive around the planet, check it out.

« Reply #2 on: Apr 1st, 2008, 1:27pm »

I used to be a member and administrator to a forum called Lupin's Moon, until the guy who created it stopped paying for it to be hosted...

Once a year we would go through and clean up the members list, taking out anyone who had fewer than 10 posts who hadn't posted in 3 months. It helped keep the numbers down and give people a better idea of what the forum was really like.
IP Logged

Lots of opportunities are missed because they come dressed in overalls and look like work.
Azgard
Senior Riddler

« Reply #3 on: Apr 6th, 2008, 3:20pm »

As I have been sitting here on my computer trying simultaneously to complete and avoid my first lab report, I have been watching the member count... in the past 6 hours, the count has gone up 12 people...

In fact, today (since midnight my time anyway) there have been 26 people sign up.
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2008, 3:23pm by Azgard » IP Logged

Lots of opportunities are missed because they come dressed in overalls and look like work.
ThudnBlunder
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

The dewdrop slides into the shining Sea

« Reply #4 on: Apr 6th, 2008, 4:12pm »

on Apr 6th, 2008, 3:20pm, Azgard wrote:
As I have been sitting here on my computer trying simultaneously to complete and avoid my first lab report, I have been watching the member count... in the past 6 hours, the count has gone up 12 people...

In fact, today (since midnight my time anyway) there have been 26 people sign up.

Yeah, there was an earlier thread about this phenomenon.

IP Logged

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.....................................................................er, if that's all right with the rest of you.
Azgard
Senior Riddler

« Reply #5 on: Apr 6th, 2008, 4:38pm »

I see... I don't know a whole lot about bots, but it seems they are back...
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »