wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Se7en »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 12:42pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   what happened
(Moderators: Grimbal, Icarus, SMQ, Eigenray, towr, ThudnBlunder, william wu)
   Se7en
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Se7en  (Read 2447 times)
alien2
Uberpuzzler

Re: Seven  
« Reply #25 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 10:26am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

No to both. The killer was arrested in his apartment.
IP Logged

denis
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #26 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 1:47pm »

So the victim was a loner with no/few friends correct?

Did the killer know the victim? (I would think yes since the riddle said he chose her because of this particular characteristic)

IP Logged
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #27 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 2:16pm »

Although it's an important part of the whole picture, I'd say you're drifting a bit right now.
IP Logged

alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #28 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 3:53pm »

Btw, a loner with no friends is the case here.
IP Logged

denis
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #29 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 5:59pm »

on Mar 19th, 2008, 2:16pm, Iceman wrote:
I'd say you're drifting a bit right now.

OK what about this?

The killer, since he likes to cut his fingertips, does a lot of finger painting. It turns out, the sunset painting was one of his own paintings, using paint mixed with his own blood to get a deep red hue that only blood can bring out.  

Somerset analyzed the paint and found that it contained human DNA.

So how does he tie it back to the killer? Well the killer was demented of course. He also had an ego. He signed his own name to the painting like any other artist would do.

So armed with a name and a DNA sample, to find the owner of the painting was simple for Somerset. He need only match the DNA sample with that of a person going by the name signed on the painting.

But Somerset needed forensic evidence that the painter was at the scene of the crime. After all, the painting could have been done and given to Janis well in advance of the murder. One way is to find some of Janis' blood on one or more of his article of clothings or in his apartment.  

However, that is not demented enough for this riddle and we know the killer is not sloppy. What Somerset found was that there was also DNA belonging to Janis' blood in the paint on the same painting. By finding both the artists's DNA and Janis's DNA in the painting, the evidence is overwhelming that he was present at the crime scene given she was a loner and never socialized.

EDIT: Added the hide tags to hide the solution.
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2008, 7:51am by denis » IP Logged
iono
Senior Riddler

dehydrated water....

C47v1u

« Reply #30 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 7:50pm »

Does "sunset" and "somerset" have ANYTHING at all to do in common?
just guessing.
IP Logged

So, if I help you, I'll get kicked for ksing, but if I don't, then I'll get kick for not helping...
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #31 on: Mar 20th, 2008, 11:59pm »

You got it Denis, aside for complicating things a bit. So he didn't sign anything, and I believe that forensics is advanced enough in USA to simply use a DNA sample from the picture and find the killer. Maybe it's even faster than looking for matching fingerprints. Of course, there has to be some record, criminal will do, otherwise the riddle would be unfounded. And it was his blood only on the painting.  

IP Logged

alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #32 on: Mar 21st, 2008, 3:39am »

Btw, heh, I guess he wasn't that intelligent after all, probably being imprisoned before.  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

denis
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #33 on: Mar 21st, 2008, 9:40am »

Thanks Ice..... nice riddle btw.

The reason I had him sign the painting is that this was his first misdeed.

on Mar 18th, 2008, 1:46pm, Iceman wrote:

as this was his 1st misdeed, and last.  

Because he never misdeeded before, his DNA would not exist in the criminal DNA database and therefore be almost impossible to track down. So by signing the painting Somerset had a name to go with the DNA.

The reason I had Janis's DNA also in the painting was to place the killer at the scene. Otherwise, he could have sold his painting to someone who sold it to her later and he need not ever meet the woman.  

Regarding mixing blood in the paint to get a special red color, I saw this in the movie "The Red Violin" (this was not a murder movie though).  

EDIT: added the hide tags to conceal parts of solution
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2008, 7:47pm by denis » IP Logged
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #34 on: Mar 21st, 2008, 1:48pm »

My bad. All right, so it wasn't his 1st misdeed. It's a bit late to correct that now but it's never too late to do the right thing, I think.  Roll Eyes  

on Mar 21st, 2008, 9:40am, denis wrote:
nice riddle btw.

......cutting the skin of fingertips and drawing paintings in blood?   Wink
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2008, 2:00pm by alien2 » IP Logged

alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #35 on: Mar 21st, 2008, 1:54pm »

Wait! Perhaps it was his 1st misdeed, but he was unjustly arrested before. Damn I'm good! I'm back with vengeance.  Cool
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »