wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Religion »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 3:50pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   what happened
(Moderators: SMQ, ThudnBlunder, Icarus, Eigenray, william wu, towr, Grimbal)
   Religion
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Religion  (Read 1710 times)
alien2
Uberpuzzler

Religion   wall-36.jpg
« on: Sep 3rd, 2013, 2:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You wake up in a cubical room without openings of any kind, clueless about how you got there. The room is well illuminated, yet you can't tell what the source of light is. One wall has squares and numbers painted on it.

A deep voice addresses you: "I am your mysterious captor. You were brought here for my amusement. I am not allowed to discuss my unique technology. I will just say that at all times I know everything what goes on inside the room. I will let you go, but first there is a test.

By considering the painted wall, if you conclude within one hour which religion I have in mind, you’ll receive a pouch holding gold coins and I will return you to your bedroom. If not, you'll experience severe pain caused by an energy beam before I let you go empty handed. I will periodically warn you about how much time you have left."
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2013, 1:28pm by alien2 » IP Logged

gotit
Uberpuzzler

Email

Re: Religion  
« Reply #1 on: Sep 4th, 2013, 7:27am »

The painting has 36 grids. So some religion where 36 is considered significant. May be Judaism  OR

8 is the only digit missing. So some religion where 8 is considered significant, like Buddhism.
IP Logged

All signatures are false.
alien2
Uberpuzzler

Re: Religion  
« Reply #2 on: Sep 4th, 2013, 8:53am »

on Sep 4th, 2013, 7:27am, gotit wrote:
8 is the only digit missing. So some religion where 8 is considered significant, like Buddhism.

Not bad. I guess I have to be more focused to exclude possible alternative answers. The answer I had in mind is more complicated.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »