wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Drunken Tower   »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 8:27pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   what happened
(Moderators: Grimbal, SMQ, ThudnBlunder, towr, Eigenray, Icarus, william wu)
   Drunken Tower  
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Drunken Tower    (Read 2766 times)
alien2
Uberpuzzler

Drunken Tower    
« on: Sep 25th, 2013, 1:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

A man dismounts his horse. He approaches a square, wide and tall tower. He sees a dead elf lying nearby on the ground. He enters the tower to try to find out why he died. The door closes behind him. Sensing danger, he tries to open the door, to no avail. He then hears a drunken voice: My name is Drunken Tower. I am sober though. I just like to talk in a drunken voice. I am above all mean since I won’t open the door until you are gone. You see, you must climb all the way to my top. Otherwise, you will die of thirst. I will close my trap door behind you and I won’t open as long as you’re on my top. And then, a giant will arrive and start to walk around me, occasionally changing his direction. He is my friend with whom I have telepathic connection and he eats those I eliminate. He didn’t eat last time because he is allergic to elves. I will quickly tilt about 40°, which is something I can do because of an inadequate foundation on ground being too soft. If you're unprepared, you will undoubtedly fall, as there will be no place for you to firmly hold on to, since my trap door is evenly leveled with my flat top. The giant will stop walking 1 s before I tilt. He will neutralize the gravity with his strength by keeping me inclined for about 25 s and then straighten me up. The giant likes to test his strength. After I finish talking to you, I will use my magic to make you deaf for one week, and so you won’t be able to hear giant’s heavy steps. You strike me like someone who likes riddles. I too like riddles, and so I will tell you that there is a way for you to survive this w/o luck. The man fathoms the clue and manages to leave the tower. He mounts the horse and flees away. How did he do it?
IP Logged

Nursejim

The 1 Inch Punch

Re: Drunken Tower    
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27th, 2013, 5:25am »

How long did it take the man to leave? Or does that even matter?
IP Logged

Advanced Sales Funnel System
SEMfuze

« Reply #2 on: Sep 27th, 2013, 7:25am »

Does the tower eventually get drunk or is it always sober? If the tower is a drunken tower assumable it wouldn't stay sober for very long, so when the tower gets drunk he tricks it into letting him go.
IP Logged
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #3 on: Nov 14th, 2013, 12:41pm »

on Sep 27th, 2013, 5:25am, Nursejim wrote:
How long did it take the man to leave? Or does that even matter?

It doesn't really matter.

on Sep 27th, 2013, 7:25am, SEMfuze wrote:
Does the tower eventually get drunk or is it always sober?

Drunken Tower is always sober.  

The clue: Drunken Tower will behave the way he behaved yesterday?
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »