wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - the canadian via rail »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 7:09pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   wanted
(Moderators: Grimbal, Icarus, Eigenray, william wu, SMQ, ThudnBlunder, towr)
   the canadian via rail
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: the canadian via rail  (Read 2360 times)
rhurbarb2004

the canadian via rail  
« on: Sep 10th, 2004, 2:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Roll Eyes Im going on the canadian via rail in december ,has anyone gone on this trip and what is worth viewing on the way....thanks alot rhurbarb2003 england
IP Logged
Icarus
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Boldly going where even angels fear to tread.

Re: the canadian via rail  
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17th, 2004, 9:04pm »

Not sure what the "canadien" is, but if you get the chance to go through Banff and Jasper National Parks - definitely go for it. I was through there 2 weeks ago, and the place is fantastic. December is likely to be very cold, though!
IP Logged

"Pi goes on and on and on ...
And e is just as cursed.
I wonder: Which is larger
When their digits are reversed? " - Anonymous
rhurbarb2004

« Reply #2 on: Sep 18th, 2004, 12:34pm »

The canadian is a train which one of its routes goes from Toronto to Vancouver ,we are staying in jasper for four nights, spending one day at banff too .Cant wait to go and the weather will be expected very cold too ,Is there anywhere you should suggest we go as well as Banff.?.Im glad you enjoyed your trip icarus ..thanks for the reply rhurbarb2004  Grin
IP Logged
Icarus
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Boldly going where even angels fear to tread.

« Reply #3 on: Sep 21st, 2004, 8:46pm »

I'm afraid my exposure to Canada is rather limited. I've been up the Alaska highway twice now (we went through Banff and Jasper on the way home), but that is all I've seen. If you get a chance to drop down over the border, Glacier National Park in Montana is also nice. I assume the Waterton Lakes National Park in Canada (which borders Glacier) is also beautiful, but it is much smaller, and I am not sure how much is easily accessible.

Along the Alaska highway, the Kluane region is beautiful, but it is up in the Yukon, and probably nowhere near where you are going. (Besides which, I hate to think how cold that would be in December!) What you really need is input from some native Canadiens.
IP Logged

"Pi goes on and on and on ...
And e is just as cursed.
I wonder: Which is larger
When their digits are reversed? " - Anonymous
rhurbarb2004

« Reply #4 on: Sep 22nd, 2004, 12:40pm »

ok il do that .thanks for your reply .youve been a great help and il try to visit there if we get anywhere near it ok ,alaska looks great too seen some webcams looks really peacefull .Thanks again .... Winkrhurbarb
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »