wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - I need a riddle like Rice,Chicken ,Dog »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 8:10pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   wanted
(Moderators: Grimbal, Icarus, ThudnBlunder, towr, william wu, Eigenray, SMQ)
   I need a riddle like Rice,Chicken ,Dog
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I need a riddle like Rice,Chicken ,Dog  (Read 6712 times)
K Dolquin

Email

I need a riddle like Rice,Chicken ,Dog  
« on: Dec 13th, 2004, 11:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I need a riddle that is similar to the one under easy riddles - on the same line as Rice Chicked Dog, but with seven people crossing the river - doesn't have to be too detailed because I will possibly alter it - but I myself cannot get it to work right.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Also I would need the solution - its for a project I am working on - a short movie.

But it has to be seven -

Thanks
IP Logged
Noke Lieu
Uberpuzzler

pen... paper... let's go! (and bit of plastic)

Re: I need a riddle like Rice,Chicken ,Dog  
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13th, 2004, 10:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

There is a river crossing with three couples. Let covetousness be the boat or something. Pride could be narator?

Oh, could do it a tower of brahma sort of thing. Lots of steps for 7 disks though...
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2004, 10:54pm by Noke Lieu » IP Logged

a shade of wit and the art of farce.
k dolquin

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 9:59am »

thank-you
IP Logged
asterix

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 10:42am »

I can't give you a riddle without knowing more about why you need it or what circumstances will surround it but here are some suggestions.
Set a number of restrictions about who can be with whom, for example.
Three couples and a single man.  
No couple can be left alone or they'll get into a fight.
No man can be left with a woman who's not his spouse unless at least one of them has a spouse present.
No two men can take the boat across because they'll fight about who gets to drive.
Other restrictions might depend on the story you're writing and who these seven people are. (For example, the people could be prisoners and guards, and you can never leave prisoners either alone or outnumbering the guards)
You could combine classic riddles, for example, the boat only holds 300 pounds without sinking, and several of the people weigh close to that by themselves.
Or there's a time limit and each person rows at a different speed, but they'll tire out if you reuse the fastest rowers without a rest break.
You need to give more plot details before we could have any hope of coming up with a fitting riddle.
IP Logged
Noke Lieu
Uberpuzzler

pen... paper... let's go! (and bit of plastic)

« Reply #4 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 6:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Very good points asterix.  
combine them all, and you have a MONSTER of a puzzle. I was thinking of a bridge crossing too- there's a nice one with 5 folk at pastellina.com (1,3,6,8,12 seconds, 30 seconds total)  

Thinking about it a bit more... Each could have a distinctly weighted lumps of metal... sort of 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 21, 53kg and have to accurately determine the mass of a series of things?
Ey... will you give us a credit?
 The forum, like.
IP Logged

a shade of wit and the art of farce.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »