wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - group skills »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 4:01pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   wanted
(Moderators: william wu, towr, Grimbal, SMQ, Eigenray, ThudnBlunder, Icarus)
   group skills
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: group skills  (Read 2347 times)
dsw

group skills  
« on: Feb 1st, 2005, 1:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

can anyone help. i am student nurse @ newcastle uni doing a project on group work. does anyone have information on group skills. i am looking for ideas on individual skills such personality tests and finding strenghth and weaknesses in individual, and how they can work together in a team. this would be a massive help in my studies. thank you
IP Logged
Icarus
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Boldly going where even angels fear to tread.

Re: group skills  
« Reply #1 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 4:58pm »

Well, one skill that I find to be extraordinarily useful when working in a team, or when interacting with others in any capacity, is clear communication. In fact, the lack of this skill in some participants is perhaps the biggest obstacle many teams face.

A sterling example of how the lack of clear communication can be a problem is found in the sentence: Quote:
i am looking for ideas on individual skills such personality tests and finding strenghth and weaknesses in individual, and how they can work together in a team.

Here we have a sentence so badly abbreviated that it no longer makes sense. One can make guesses as to what the poster meant, but guesses only.  

It also sets a tone for response from others. Since the poster could not be bothered to take the time to express him/her self clearly, it sets an example of laziness that limits how willing others are to exert themselves to be helpful.

I don't say this to be rude. This is obviously something you need to learn: you get better results when you take the time to express yourself clearly. And it really is a major (and common) problem in teamwork when someone cannot communicate well.
IP Logged

"Pi goes on and on and on ...
And e is just as cursed.
I wonder: Which is larger
When their digits are reversed? " - Anonymous
Noke Lieu
Uberpuzzler

pen... paper... let's go! (and bit of plastic)

Re: group skills  
« Reply #2 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 5:10pm »

Sorry dsw, I can't quite grasp what it is that you want from us.
We are always glad to help people around here, but as Icarus points out, it's fairly hard to figure out what you want.

Do you want examples of predicative performance tests?

IP Logged

a shade of wit and the art of farce.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »