wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Need a Riddle turned into a scene »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 7:32pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   wanted
(Moderators: SMQ, ThudnBlunder, Grimbal, towr, Eigenray, Icarus, william wu)
   Need a Riddle turned into a scene
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Need a Riddle turned into a scene  (Read 2643 times)
Mary Eggebraaten

Email

Need a Riddle turned into a scene  
« on: Feb 18th, 2005, 12:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi-
I am looking for a riddle I can use as an icebreaker for a class I am teaching.  The class is about interpretation so I wanted to start the class where a group of kids (about 20) (aged 10-14) will wonder into a room and a scene will be layed out, and they have to figure out what happened, a real-life riddle if you will.  But I am trying to stay away from the murder-theme. ANy suggestions or know of a good kid-friendly riddle I can turn into a 5-10 minute activity?  I would appreciate thoughts or ideas.  ThanksSmiley
IP Logged
Noke Lieu
Uberpuzzler

pen... paper... let's go! (and bit of plastic)

Re: Need a Riddle turned into a scene  
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 3:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Nice idea, Mary.

May take abit more time and effort han you're anticipating, but how about:

Disassemble a small car, transport the pieces, reassemble it in the classroom- how'd it get here? That can then be turrned into a history lesson about artillery moving through jungle.

It doesn't have to be a car, I suppose- you could just build something that won't fit through the doors/windows, so must be assembled in the room.

failing that, something like (although maybe a bit tough for 10 year olds...)
A horse, a donkey and a camcel were stolen. 3 suspects got caught: Robert, Scott and Tommy. All we know that each person stole one animal, but we do not know who stole which. Here are the investigation statements.

Robert said: Tommy stole the horse.
Scott said: Tommy stole the donkey.
Tommy said: They both were lying. I did not steal the horse or the donkey.

Later on, the police found out the man who stole the camel told a lie. The man who stole the horse told the truth. Can you find out who stole which?  

Or maybe:  
Three suspects: Robert, Scott, and Jessica were caught and questioned.  

Robert said: I am innocent.
Scott said: Tommy did not steal.
Jessica said: I stole it.

Later on, the police found out two of them lied. Who stole the jewel?

Have to say though, for the sheer impact, you can't beat the car. Roll Eyes
IP Logged

a shade of wit and the art of farce.
markr

Re: Need a Riddle turned into a scene  
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26th, 2005, 12:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here's one you can state, then go around the class and ask each kid for his/her answer.  Hopefully, the ones that figure it out won't shout out the logic behind it.

"You're a bus driver, and there are 10 people on the bus.  At the first stop, 6 people get on and 4 people get off.  At the second stop, 2 people get on and 7 people get off.  At the third stop, 3 people get on and 1 person gets off.  What color are the bus driver's eyes?"

Of course, the answer depends on which kid is answering the question (look at the first four words of the riddle).
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2005, 12:32am by markr » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »