Re: What Govt Act Bugs You Most?

Kevin Dempsey Peterson (kevin@cafe.berkeley.edu)
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 22:22:33 -0800

On 4 Nov 1997, Seth David Schoen wrote:

> Incidentally, today there were some leaflets on Sproul about "Human Rights
> in China" -- the argument was
>
> (1) The United States has an awful human rights record, because people
> are unhappy here.
> (2) China can't be infringing on human rights, because it's a People's
> Republic!

Hey, I got nothing against propaganda, as long as it's on the right
side :-)  This is the text for the flyers I just can't get to print
out properly (need to check my margin settings):

Cal Libertarians

"Government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its
worst state an intolerable one" --Thomas Paine

Cal Libertarians is a group of UCB students who want tot get overly
intrusive government out of our lives.  Unlike liberals, we think that
/you/, not government, should decide how to spend your money, but
unlike conservatives, we also think that you should decide how to live
your own life.

Want to learn more?  Come to our meetings, Wednesdays at 6:30pm in 206
Dwinelle Hall, or visit our website at
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~callib

(of course, the web site doesn't exist yet.  HINT HINT!)

--
kevin@cafe.berkeley.edu                              Home: (510)665-9670
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~peterson                Page: (510)726-8960