Re: Daily Cal Ad

Seth David Schoen (schoen@uclink4.Berkeley.EDU)
15 Nov 1997 00:07:37 GMT

Daniel C. Burton writes:

>I just got a message that says for $25 we could have an ad in the Daily
>Cal's Spring Orientation Issue with a listing of clubs, their meeting
>times, etc.  If we could raise the money for this, it might be worthwhile.
>I'm sure there are still a bunch of people out there who have no idea
>there's a libertarian student group on campus.

I'm the ASUC signatory for CalLUG, and we're planning on doing the same
thing for CalLUG.  I think it is a worthwhile thing to do.  (I still
haven't paid my Voluntary Membership Fee, either, because I missed that
meeting.)

Today I met and talked to the LaRouche guy (who confirmed that LaRouche is
_not_ a libertarian!).  If we'd like to find out why, we can invite him
to a CalLib meeting.  (Sorry ... those six-letter words beginning "CalL"...)
I will mention this at the meeting on Wednesday and bring along his name
and phone number.

Is the Libertarian Environmentalism speech on for Wednesday?

--
   Seth David Schoen L&S '01 (undeclared) / schoen@uclink4.berkeley.edu
Magna dis immortalibus habenda est atque huic ipsi Iovi Statori, antiquissimo