Re: Operation Politically Homeless

George J. Lee (gjlee@uclink4.berkeley.edu)
05 Dec 1997 11:56:52 -0800

n sisa <nesim@soda.csua.berkeley.edu> writes:

> I like the Washington quote, but I don't know if cal-libertarians, whom my
> ex has misgivings over,  really needs to spend more money. I think if we
> slowly build up our base, the results would be a much more loyal guerrila
> sold.. err... membership body. Besides they're probably as desperate as us
> and would be willing to give out sample kits for free. We could even sell
> portions of it for profit.

I'm willing to contribute some money for this if other people think
it's a good idea. It's not that there aren't any libertarians out
there, it's just that 95% of the students at Berkeley don't have the
slightest clue what a libertarian is. I'm sure there are thousands of
students who may be interested in our ideas; we just need to get our
message out in a positive manner. How are we ever going to build a
strong, loyal membership base if no one knows who we are?

Regarding the Advocates, I doubt they're desperate. They are one of
the largest libertarian outreach groups in the country.

If money were not an issue, how useful do you think this will be? We
could use this as a fund-raising activity also. Are there dues for our
club? If we could get people to join at the table, we could make some
money from membership fees. Otherwise, we could sell stuff like
stickers or buttons or whatever if we need to.

--
George J. Lee

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence. It is force. Like fire,
it is a dangerous servant and a fearsome master." --George Washington