Re: Operation Politically Homeless

Seth David Schoen (schoen@uclink4.Berkeley.EDU)
5 Dec 1997 21:17:43 GMT

George J. Lee writes:

>I'm willing to contribute some money for this if other people think
>it's a good idea. It's not that there aren't any libertarians out
>there, it's just that 95% of the students at Berkeley don't have the
>slightest clue what a libertarian is. I'm sure there are thousands of
>students who may be interested in our ideas; we just need to get our
>message out in a positive manner. How are we ever going to build a
>strong, loyal membership base if no one knows who we are?

I'd be glad to participate in an Operation Politically Homeless as long as
it's not too manipulative.  (Is there anything a little more direct and
a little less rosy than the WSPQ?)

I'm still interested in organizing some kind of debates with non-libertarian
groups.  I think that would be a good thing.

>Are there dues for our club?

There is a voluntary membership fee.  I forgot whether I paid mine or not.
But I'm willing to pay it over again if that will be useful.

--
   Seth David Schoen L&S '01 (undeclared) / schoen@uclink4.berkeley.edu
Magna dis immortalibus habenda est atque huic ipsi Iovi Statori, antiquissimo