wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - pourquoi je ne comprends pas  votre langue!!! »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 4:22pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   truth
(Moderators: william wu, SMQ, Grimbal, ThudnBlunder, Icarus, Eigenray, towr)
   pourquoi je ne comprends pas  votre langue!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: pourquoi je ne comprends pas  votre langue!!!  (Read 6803 times)
Lynoa

Email

pourquoi je ne comprends pas  votre langue!!!  
« on: Jul 1st, 2005, 11:26am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

[color=Pink][/color] CryCe site a l'aire tres interressant,dommage que je ne metrise pas vraiment l'anglais mise a part un faible niveau scolaire,
certaine des photos mise dans se site sont reellement choquante,et montre une fois de plius que le pire des monstress c'est l'homme,cette petite fille asiatique laisser sur le bas coté comme un vulgaire dechets m'as retourner le coeur,c'est horrible,very very horrible!
IP Logged
Death

For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you

Re: pourquoi je ne comprends pas  votre langu  
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19th, 2006, 1:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is aimed at any one who knows the site particularly well

Is there anywhere on the site a picture of a man with an asian girlm slung over his shoulder like a piece of garbage? Or is this guy just barking up the wrong tree/smiking something that he definately shouldn't be?
IP Logged

The theory goes that a million monkeys typing at a million typewriter will produce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know that's not true.
Icarus
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Boldly going where even angels fear to tread.

« Reply #2 on: Aug 19th, 2006, 10:54am »

I think your translation is off (though mine isn't any better). I believe (s)he is refering to the second article on this page. (Yes, there is more to this site than puzzles.)
IP Logged

"Pi goes on and on and on ...
And e is just as cursed.
I wonder: Which is larger
When their digits are reversed? " - Anonymous
Death

« Reply #3 on: Aug 20th, 2006, 2:05pm »

Ah yes - you are right. I left belgium 10 years ago (at the not quite so mature age of six) and the phrase "bas coté" is new to me. Having googled it i  found that it apparently meant shoulder - the basis for my mistranslation. Thank you for pointing that out.
IP Logged

The theory goes that a million monkeys typing at a million typewriter will produce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know that's not true.
Icarus
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #4 on: Aug 21st, 2006, 4:03pm »

My french is far worse (I'm terrible with languages), but I was able to find the picture, and then determine that it must be what was refered to.
IP Logged

And e is just as cursed.
Death

« Reply #5 on: Aug 25th, 2006, 1:02am »

ahhhh... ive never ventured out of the riddle forum before (well, not properly) so that explaines my lack of knowing that anything else existed on this site. Damn those riddles for being to entertaining  Tongue
IP Logged

Random Lack of Squiggily Lines
Senior Riddler

Everything before 7/1/2008 is now irrelevant.

Re: pourquoi je ne comprends pas  votre langue!!!  
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13th, 2007, 5:05pm »

i know were you can see a guy with and asian girl slung over his shoulder.
IP Logged

You can only believe i what you can prove, and since you have nothing proven to cmpare to, you can believe in nothing.

I have ~50 posts to hack a "R" into a "D". Which one?
Icarus
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #7 on: Mar 13th, 2007, 8:14pm »

That may be. I'm sure that if you go looking, you can find a great many pictures fitting that description (some of which are not at all appropriate for an 11 year old!).

But the fact that Lynoa chose to put her? post on this site without any apparent outside reference would indicate that she was referring to something on this site, and the pictures of the dead baby being ignored would certainly explain her distress over it.

I believe that Death's translation was off, and what he translated as "over his shoulder" should have been "on the curb".

In fact, with the help of Google and some interpretation on my part, I would say the original post translates to something like:

"This site looks interesting, but my English is at a low high school level. Some of the photographs are really shocking and show that Man is the worst monster. This asian girl left lying in the gutter like garbage has broken my heart. It is horrible - very, very horrible!"
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2007, 8:29pm by Icarus » IP Logged

And e is just as cursed.
JiNbOtAk
Uberpuzzler

Hana Hana No Mi

« Reply #8 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 12:49am »

on Mar 13th, 2007, 8:14pm, Icarus wrote:

"This site looks interesting, but my English is at a low high school level. "

If her english is really at a low high school level, I wonder which part of this site did she find interesting..
IP Logged

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Random Lack of Squiggily Lines
Senior Riddler

Everything before 7/1/2008 is now irrelevant.

Re: pourquoi je ne comprends pas  votre langue!!!  
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 5:05am »

O.K. the picture is on a site that many children go on, but it is animated, and i dont know french, so i dont know what i am doing here.
IP Logged

You can only believe i what you can prove, and since you have nothing proven to cmpare to, you can believe in nothing.

I have ~50 posts to hack a "R" into a "D". Which one?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »