Executive Board Nominations and Elections are quickly approaching!
The Executive Board: President, Administrative Vice President, Service Vice President, Treasurer, & Secretary
These 5 meet once a week to handle administrative work, divisional/district involvement, and more. Executive Board oversees Appointed Board and the entire club, as well as each dealing with their own specific duties.
THE NOMINATION PROCESS:
All candidates are required to be dues-paid members and official UC Berkeley students.
For the position of President, a minimum of 1 year of experience on UC Berkeley Circle K club board is REQUIRED.
Anyone seeking to nominate a candidate must additionally be a dues-paid, official UC Berkeley student.
Nominations begin after the 5th general meeting on Tuesday, February 24th at 7pm in 166 Barrows!
Nominations are currently expected to run from 8-8:30pm.
Nominations require the following formal procedure:
The current President will call for nominations by order of position (beginning with President). Anyone nominating a candidate will raise their hand and must wait to be called upon by the President before standing to speak.
To nominate, the person will stand near their seat and formally nominate a candidate, along with a legitimate reason.
After this, anyone hoping to second the nomination must raise their hand. When called upon, the person shall second the nomination. The seconder will only second, and not provide any other reasons.
Following this, the candidate will be asked if they accept or decline the nomination. If they accept, they will be allowed to speak to the club for 1 minute.
President calls for any nominations for the position of _____.
John Doe raises their hand.
President calls on John Doe to speak.
John Doe stands next to their seat and states: "I, John Doe, nominate _____ for the position of _______. I believe _____ is fit for this position because [reason].
John Doe sits down.
President calls for any seconds.
Jane Dane raises their hand.
President calls on Jane Dane.
Jane Dane rises and states: "I, Jane Dane, second the nomination."
Jane Dane sits down.
President asks the candidate if they accept or decline the nomination.
Candidate rises and states: "I ____, accept/decline the nomination."
If the candidate has accepted the nomination, they are then allowed to go to the front of the room to address the crowd with a 1 minute speech. Time will be strictly kept.
This process will repeat for all positions.
Keep in mind:
- People who are not nominated during nominations do have the option of running off-the-floor during the night of elections. Nominations will repeat before each position during elections. However, any candidate who chooses to run off-the-floor at elections will not be permitted any form of literature to supplement their speech.
- Positions may have no nominees. This is fine, as night of elections may have candidates who choose to run off-the-floor, or to trickle-down after not receiving a different position. If a position is vacant for all of nominations and elections, the rest of the newly elected E-Board will appoint the position.
- All reasons for nominations must be kept concise at one brief sentence. Any run-on sentences that appear as speeches will call for the nomination to be redone by a different person. All reasons for nominations must be kept serious and legitimate. Any attempts at sarcastic or humorous reasons will call for the person nominating to be asked to leave the room. The candidate in question may still be nominated, but must then be nominated by a different person.
- There is absolutely no campaigning permitted. Any candidate discovered to be campaigning will be disqualified.
- Elections will be the following week, March 3rd, 7-10pm in 2040 VLSB.
Any questions may be directed towards firstname.lastname@example.org
WOO CONGRATS to this week's MEMBER OF THE WEEK, REMY RENEE D'AGNILLO, who went to DLSSP North, committee meetings, socials and more!
WE ARE PROUD OF YOU SAY WE ARE PROUD OF YOU (x2)!!