Interested in helping to volunteer on the day of the event?
- We will need help with food, timing sessions, technology, and other miscellaneous tasks.
- As a volunteer you would receive free breakfast and lunch (if you are available during those times) and the committee’s immense gratitude!
- Fill out the form here and mark your calendar. We will be in touch closer to the event with a volunteer assignment.
Are you a graduate student who wants to give back to the sociological community?
- We are looking for Graduate Student Evaluators who serve two functions:
- 1. Evaluate research to determine the three winners of the Danesha McCoy Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Research.
- 2. Provide constructive feedback for the student presenters to enhance their future scholarship.
- As a GSE you would receive free breakfast and lunch (if you are available during those times), a modest token of our appreciation, and the committee’s immense gratitude!
- Email us at email@example.com with the subject line “Graduate Student Evaluator.”
Are you at another university and would like to help us spread the word?
- We are looking for Undergraduate Student Liaisons:
- At the 2014 Symposium we heard that “I wish I had known about this event sooner” or “I’m the only student from my school here.” To remedy this we are looking for liaisons who will serve as SRS representative at other campuses across the region, state, and country. If you were a past participant and enjoyed it, if you’ve just heard of us, or if this sounds interesting to you, we would like your help publicizing our event to your home university, college, or community college by:
- Forwarding emails to your home institution’s Sociology (and other related) department(s).
- Maintaining regular email communication with the Symposium Committee.
- Committing to taking charge by organizing carpools to our campus, inviting friends, etc.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Undergraduate Student Liaison.”