Below is information on local public transportation options as well as travel from UC Davis and UC Santa Cruz.
Below are options for public transportation. When using public transportation it is good to have lots of change. Some services require exact fare (e.g. AC Transit Buses and Campus Shuttle Service).
Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) trains operate from Fremont, Richmond, Bay Point/Concord and San Francisco/Daly City and include service to San Francisco International Airport. BART connects to Oakland International Airport via a short hop on an AirBart shuttle bus. A map indicating the route and stops of each train is located at each BART station. The Berkeley BART station is just 1½ blocks west of the Berkeley campus.
AC Transit bus service provides transportation for commuters to and from San Francisco and throughout Alameda and Western Contra Costa County. There are several AC bus lines that stop at the campus at the intersection of Bancroft Way and Telegraph Avenue such as lines: #1; #7; #51; #52; and F. For additional lines and information contact AC Transit at (510) 839-2882.
The Oakland International Airport is approximately 15 miles from UC Berkeley.
- At the airport take the AirBart Shuttle to the Oakland Coliseum BART station.
- Board a Richmond bound BART train and get off at the Berkeley Station.
- Exit the Berkeley station at Center Street.
- Walk east on Center Street for 1 block to the campus. Enter campus at Oxford Street and Center Street.
- Take the Path on the right through the Eucalyptus Grove and make a left at Campanile Way.
- Continue to walk toward Sather Tower and make a right at the first cross street (Sather Road) near Durant Hall.
- Continue past Sather gate until you reach Sproul Hall on your left.
Transit and shuttle information websites
including service to San Francisco International Airport
East Bay buses
|San Franciso Muni
San Francisco Buses
AirBART service from Oakland Airport only
|Caltrain/Southern Pacific Railroad
Commuter train service from San Francisco and San Jose
Bus service between Palo Alto and downtown San Francisco
|Bay Area Transit Trip Planner (Transit.511.org)
Helps plan door-to-door trips by searching the schedules of multiple Bay Area transit providers.
|UC Berkeley Campus Shuttle (Monday through Friday)
Bus service from Downtown Berkeley (across from BART at Center & Shattuck in front of Bank of America) to UC campus perimeter, Botanical Gardens and Lawrence Hall of Scienc
The Intercampus Bus service provides transportation between the University of California Davis and Berkeley campuses for UCD/UCB faculty, staff and registered students. There are two round trips daily. Reservations are required. See the website.
UC SANTA CRUZ
• Combine Bus & Train Travel: Take the Highway 17 Express bus from Santa Cruz Metro’s Pacific station in downtown Santa Cruz to the San Jose Amtrak(Diridon) station. At the San Jose Amtrak station take the VTA bus #180 San Jose Diridon Transit Center to Fremont BART. At the Fremont BART take a Richmond train to the Downtown Berkeley station; the UC Berkeley campus is a one block walk from the Downtown Berkeley BART station.