ocf.io as a URL shortener.
One of its functions is to shorten member website URLs:
https://ocf.io/username is a shorturl for
We've additionally defined other shorturls. Here are some especially useful
ones for staff:
- ocf.io/gh/<repo>, ocf.io/github/<repo>: The repository <repo>
on the OCF GitHub page.
There are also abbreviations for the most commonly used repositories:
- ocf.io/gh/l: ocflib
- ocf.io/gh/p: puppet
- ocf.io/gh/u: utils
- ocf.io/gh/w: ocfweb
- ocf.io/rt: RT
- ocf.io/rt/<ticketnum>: The page for ticket <ticketnum> in RT
- ocf.io/stats: Lab stats
- ocf.io/guest: If you bring a guest into the lab after hours, fill out
- ocf.io/servers: The server chart
- ocf.io/bod: BoD minutes
We also often give out these shorturls in RT tickets:
- ocf.io/join: Signup page for an OCF account
- ocf.io/vhost: Info about virtual hosting
- ocf.io/vhost-mail: Info about mail virtual hosting
- ocf.io/apphost: Info about apphosting
You can find a list of
ocf.io shorturls in our Apache configuration in
Puppet at ocf.io/shorturl.
You can add additional shorturls to this list. When doing so, make sure that:
- The shorturl isn't already someone's username, so you don't accidentally
ocf.io/username functionality for them.
- You add your shorturl to
the list of reserved usernames. This way, no one will
subsequently register an account with the same name as your shorturl and
ocf.io/username doesn't work for them.