Cal Dining has redefined what it means for food to be sustainable, creating a whole new standard for our facilities.
- 24% of food in Cal Dining is sustainable as defined by the UC Sustainable Practices policy, exceeding the 2020 goal six years early.
- ~200 cases of local, organic produce is sourced directly from Coke Farms each week.
- Additional sustainable ingredients include organic, locally produced tofu, humanely raised chicken & eggs, sustainable seafood, Fair Trade coffee, locally grown rice & grains and more!
- Clark Kerr Garden & Brown’s herbal garden provide outdoor space for staff and students to host wellness workshops and learn how to grow food.
- 200 garden plots at University Village’s Community Garden provide land to community gardeners.