Students are an essential part of the driving force behind sustainability efforts in the residential and dining halls. Environmental education for students is core to RSSP’s sustainability efforts.
- Housing & Dining Sustainability Advocates (HADSA), a team of student employees working under the direction of a full time Sustainability Coordinator provide student- led advocacy, auditing, and peer education about sustainability and work to improve housing & dining infrastructure across RSSP.
- Global Environmental Theme House (GETH) is a housing themed program that provides a small community experience for those interested in environmental issues.
- 155 hours spent in the residential halls and dining halls on peer-to-peer sustainability education each academic year.
- 66 student- run sustainability events took place in the residential halls and dining halls during the 2019-2020 academic year through the Housing & Dining Sustainability Advocates (HADSA) Program.
- 50 residents are mentored annually through the Housing & Dining Sustainability Internship Program.