Nature village is a multidisciplinary group of University Village volunteers and campus sustainability organizations furthering sustainability at UC Berkeley’s family housing complex, University Village. Nature Village grows, supports, and inspires sustainable living by:
- Promoting sustainable living through education and outreach.
- Increasing awareness of environmental protection, energy conservation, zero waste, and carbon neutrality.
- Providing guidance and resources on sustainable living best practices.
- Creating a unique green living environment that is suitable to University Village’s multicultural community.
- Collaborating with campus groups and departments to implement new operations, programs, and initiatives that realize sustainability metrics.
Nature Village began as a 2012 TGIF funded project and was transitioned to SERC’s portfolio as an ongoing initiative beginning fall 2014. It was recently integrated with RSSP.